OrganizationPro Bono Network
Attorneys! There is a huge need for your help, but we get the impracticalities of volunteering. We offer backup, malpractice, training, and ways to make volunteering easy. Check us out at our Oak Park and Hinsdale Open House! August 31st from 9:30 to 11:00 at the Oak Park Library and September 7th from 9:30-11:00 at the Hinsdale Library. Casual and kids are welcome.
About the Organization
Pro Bono Network (PBN) partners with existing legal aid agencies to expand or adapt pro bono programs that will fit within the time constraints of stay-at-home parents.
To that end, any project the Network adopts must satisfy several essential criteria:
- The agency must provide early morning training in the suburbs;
- hours must be flexible and no required appearances after 2:00pm;
- the time-frames must be discreet or allow the attorney to work for a short-time frame;
- attorneys must be allowed to work in pairs to ensure back up when the inevitable sick-child situation arises; and
- the agency must provide malpractice insurance.
We work closely with the legal aid agency to keep the project running smoothly for our volunteers. We assist with supervising, mentoring, administrative matters, troubleshooting, and ongoing training.